Looking for a quick and convenient treatment to enhance your smile? A dental veneer is the best option for you. This ultra-thin layer of resin will be placed over the front part of the tooth, giving you that smile that you’ve always dreamed of.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are customized thin shells made of composite or porcelain resins, matching the size, shape, and color of your composite are used for dental restoration treatments, for example, stained or chipped teeth. Veneers will give you a natural look so that you can smile without hiding your teeth all the time.
How are dental veneers placed?
The following are the different steps of dental veneer placement by a professional dentist.
- During the first sitting, the dentist, specialized in dental veneer placement, will take a visual exam and a primary check-up. By using these insights, a personalized treatment plan is made.
- In the second sitting, the impression of your tooth is taken. These measurements are then sent to the laboratory, where dental veneers are manufactured.
- During the next sitting, which is usually scheduled after receiving your veneer from the dental lab, the dentist will check whether it fits you well or not. If not, it is again sent back for reconstruction. In this case, you may need one more sitting.
- And if it fits, the dentist will bond the veneer on your teeth with dental cement, which is hardened using ultraviolet light.
How to take care of dental veneers after the procedure?
Dental veneers are highly durable if you take good care of them. Otherwise, you may have to replace them in the future. So, try to:
- Maintain good oral hygiene
- Brush twice a day, floss at least twice a day
- Avoid extra hard, hot, and cool food items.
- Avoid food and beverages that can stain your teeth.
- Do not grind your teeth.
What are the advantages of placing dental veneers?
Dental veneers are considered the best tooth restoration procedure as a kind of cosmetic dentistry treatment. Because they offer:
- Long term tooth enhancement solution
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Functions just like natural teeth
- Custom-made as per the size and shape of your teeth.
If you wish to learn more about veneers, visit Lincolnway Dental Center at 648 North Randall Road, Aurora 60506. Call us at (630) 897-1300 for appointments.